Monday, January 19, 2015

Saying Good Bye To My 2nd Best Friend...

   For the last couple of months I have reconnected with one of my closest friends since preschool. It was an awesome experience. Honestly, I have never met someone beside my sister who has so much in common with me. We have the same music interest, fashion sense, we think mostly the same way, and we even laugh at the same things. She was probably the realest friend I had besides my sister. In no time we became inseparable! 
   Even though we lived in two different states we seem to always be FaceTiming, texting and even calling each other. We would talk for hours about endless conversations about boys and other topics. In fact, we were in each others lives so much that if our parents, siblings, or friends saw us on our phones they would guess we were talking to each other. In less than one month, she was the first person I would talk to if I had big news, or if I was just bored. Before, I always thought the term “best friend” was so unrealistic for me. I had a lot of associates, acquaintances, and colleagues, but I never really had a best friend (beside my sister). 
  Honestly, I didn’t think there was a person out there who was so similar to me. But it is actually very ironic because this girl’s mother was also one of my mother’s best friends during her college days. But that’s whole another story laugh out loud! Anyway,   she told me her parents said we can no longer be friends. I don't understand why, but that's ok. I look forward in making more real friends like her in the future. Even though we are saying goodbye I still see the blessing that came out of it!! 

I learned 3 valuable lessons after this situation and I want to share them with you.
  1. Everyone needs to have a true friends in their life, even if it's their siblings
  2. The person you LEAST expect to have something in common with might end up as your closest friend, so don't be so quick to judge.
  3. Even when a relationship ends, you are thankful for the experience of having a real friend with no regrets!
*I challenge you to tell your real friends you appreciate them* 

P.S. To God - "God, I'm thankful for everything - You are GOOD!"
-Gracelyn Lives

Also, please donate so I can go to Greece and Italy this summer. My goal is to get 50 people to donate $50 by February 26th (my bday)! Will you please donate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Gracelyn Lives