Saturday, January 3, 2015

When Life Gives Me Lemons!

     Don't you just hate it when you plan something, but it doesn't go your way? I absolutely despise it when that happens. In fact, it seems like it happens to me all the time. Like yesterday, I was looking forward to going to Bible study, but we didn't make it. Or like last week, when I wanted to go to the post office and send my Christmas gifts. I love being in control and I like the thought of knowing what is going to happen in the future. Honestly, if one thing did not go my way, my whole attitude would change.
    It feels like it was just yesterday when I was preparing my outfit, on the night before picture day. I had everything ready! I even knew what hairstyle I would have that day. Then suddenly, the morning of picture day my family and I overslept!!! This caused us to be late for school. I was so upset because my mother messed up my eye makeup since she was also in a hurry. I allowed myself to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day.
   When I got home from school my family recognized my bad attitude. My mother gave me a talk on how I couldn't let small things like this control my mood. She said that sometimes I can't control everything and if things like this happens again, I need to learn how to adjust and focus on the good. I also realized that I can't just think about myself, but understand my negative attitude effect my relationships. Most people don't want to be around a person with a nasty attitude and I don't want to hurt anyone, especially my sister.
   Now I have become better with controlling my behavior if stuff doesn't go my way. If I ever get frustrated I would always remember "the Picture Day Talk" with my mother. I now understand the saying "if life gives you lemons just make lemonade,"I must add don't pout because you received lemons instead of apples. Life is too short for some to be angry over small things.


"Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life."-Avril Lavigne


"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."-E. M. Forster


*I challenge you to enjoy life and not try to control everything :)* 
-Gracelyn Lives

Also, please donate so I can go to Greece and Italy this summer. My goal is to get 50 people to donate $25 by February 26th (my bday)! Will you please donate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Gracelyn Lives