Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Growing Up!

When I was younger I always wanted to be a teenager. In fact all of my kindergarten drawings and projects were inspired by my dream of becoming one. I used to think that when I turn 16 years old I could automatically learn how to drive. It’s kind of ironic that I have to push myself to actually start studying for the GA Learner’s Permit test.
Anyway, as a kid I believed that I wouldn’t face any problems when I turned a certain age and that I would suddenly become wise and mature. Also, I thought when I became a “grown up” my walk with God would automatically be strong. I thought that I could have a relationship with him without actually knowing him. I was totally off track with that concept, LOL! Now I am slowly realizing that no matter what age I become, I still have to improve my character and relationship with Jesus. Also I now believe that being a teenager is harder than I thought because teens have to face more pressure, responsibilities, and independence than they have as a kid. To wrap this up, what I am trying to say (actually write) is that no matter what age I become I am still growing up emotionally, spiritually, and of course physically LOL. And that being a teenager is a very tiny portion of my life, and it’s not the most important part either. I have to appreciate the life the Father has given me now and not wait for it in the future. 

*I challenge you to appreciate your life and what the Father has given you!*


P.S. To God - "God, I'm thankful for the life you have given me!"
-Gracelyn Lives

#HelpGraceGet2Greece please check out my website: http://gracelyn47.wix.com/greeceitalytrip  or donate to my school website: https://personal.eftours.com/secure/make-donation.aspx?poid=DBE569FD&utm_medium=web&utm_source=paxsecure&utm_campaign=fundraising

 Also, please donate so I can go to Greece and Italy next month. My goal is to get 10 people to donate $10 by June 5th! Will you please donate?

6 comments:

  1. This was a great blog! Yes I must do the same Gracelives - enjoy everyday God has blessed me with as I prepare for my future. Thank you for sharing such insightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracelyn - my 1st child is growing up... you are so wise. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a welp written post. Believe it or not, I too, believed that motiveless eye going to happen at the ages 16, 21,& 25. It wasn't until I became those she's did I not understand and realize the significance, understanding and responsibilities that came with them. Luv you honey. Keep inspiring others just like your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!! Gracelyn Lives