Wednesday, August 5, 2015

True Freedom

Most people like freedom. I certainly do! The joy of not having anyone to tell me what to do and
being able to do whatever I felt like was extremely high. It was until yesterday. Before, I thought that freedom was the ability to do what I wanted, whenever. Now, I am rethinking that because yesterday I got into trouble partly due to my mixed perception of freedom. Unfortunately, I disobeyed the rules and thought that my so-called "freedom" was utterly most important. However, look where it's gotten me now? I have lost trust and dignity because I couldn't think about the bigger picture. Let me move on because I am getting a little of topic, LOL! Anyway, I currently believe that there isn't true freedom without Jesus Christ.
So without further ado, I will clarify my complex thoughts to you! Ahem... *clears throat* When Adam & Eve ate the forbidden fruit all of the human race (except Jesus) was born into sin. Since we were born into darkness without the Heavenly Father interfering in our lives, we will automatically follow evil. There are only 2 sides in this world/universe/all existence (whatever you prefer to call it). There is the good side and the bad side. You cannot choose to follow neither and you cannot be lukewarm either. We cannot decide to walk our own paths because we were made to walk Jesus' path. There is no such thing as human freedom. True freedom is the ability to say no to the Devil and follow God.
Although we can choose who we want to work for (the good side or the bad), we will never be spiritually unemployed. On the bright side, God has given us the liberty to choose what side we want to work for! Anyway, back to topic!!! If a person is not following Jesus or does not personally know him; then they are with the Devil whether they realized it or not. This is why true freedom for mankind doesn't exist without Jesus because without him we would not have to power to walk away from Satan. Don't get me wrong a person can receive literal freedom from people, addictions, and bad behaviors/habits; but they cannot get real spiritual freedom without God. 
What is spiritual freedom? Jesus is the living example of spiritual freedom because he gave us ultimate liberty when he died on the cross for our sins. When you have spiritual freedom you have the ability to say no to those annoying demons/spirits because Jesus is with you. Jesus can break any addictions, guilt, shame, embarrassment, low self esteem, bad behaviors, negative personalities, strong judgment, and anything else. If you really want to be free lay down your burdens to Jesus, because he loves you enough to forgive you and take away the pain! 
  
Here is a summary in 4 straightforward points:
1. Everyone is either following the good side or the bad side
2. You cannot be lukewarm 
3. Jesus is the only one who can give you true freedom
4. You cannot get freedom without the Heavenly Father

Bible Scriptures (to show evidence)
1. "Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17 
2. "It is freedom that Christ has set you free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

*I challenge you to thank God for giving you legit freedom.* 

 -Gracelyn Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Gracelyn Lives