Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Family Matters

Family is very important. Right? This question is very powerful that is why I decided to dig a little deeper on the concept of family to shift our thinking in a more contrastive view. I interviewed different family members about this profound topic and heard some interesting answers. Read below and maybe it will shift your thinking:

Question 1
What is the meaning of family?

Dad: "It is an organic unit consisting a husband, wife and children that loves, shares, corrects,  rebukes, encourages, and combines together to spread God's kingdom on the earth."

Mom: "Family is being loyal, treating others with respect, and will not do anything to cause harm. Family is the representation of love. When you love someone you want to help them not harm them"

Grandma: "Family means so much to mean; words cannot express. Families show love and support one another no matter what the differences are."

Me: "The meaning of family to me is a personal, emotional, and spiritual pact that God has chosen for us."

Sister: "Family isn't just bloodline, but the people that you love and have a spirit connection. Or your family in Christ".

Brother: "I think family means hope and love."


Question 2
Why do you love your family?

Dad: "I love my family because God gave me one in spite of me, my past, my failures, and saw me and my potential to help raise and nurture the next generation."

Mom: "I was created to love. The Lord put love in my heart. It was a simple choice."

Grandma: "I love my family because God is love! God gave me love for my family."

Me: "I love my family because they support me and more importantly introduced me to Jesus Christ."

Sister: "I love my family because I know that they will always be there for me and have my back. They will always support me through thick and thin."

Brother: "I love them because we protect each other a lot. I have great parents and sisters. They love me for me."


Question 3
How has your family made you the person you are today?

Dad: "My family was my biggest supporter, encourager, and motivator for excellence and to life a godly life."

Mom: "They played a part in every area of my life. My family influenced my decisions. I do things based on my life for my children."

Grandma: "The Lord made me who I am today! My family also supported me."

Me: My family has introduced me to Jesus Christ, given me values, and pushed me to do my absolute best."

Sister: "They raised me with their values and they taught me lessons through what they have experience in the past."

Brother: "My family has made me the person I am because they showed me love, took care of me, and helped me."


Question (more like a statement) 4
Describe one fond memory you had with your family.

Dad: "Here is one good memory: My family and I traveled to Tennessee and stayed in a beautiful log cabin. When we drove back home we unexpectedly took a different route on the Smokies Mountains and stopped, took some pictures, play with the snow, and just enjoyed each others company."

Mom: "When my family and I took an adventurous road trip from South Corolina all the way to Washington D.C." 

Grandma: "Just going to church with my family and the beach were great memories. Also visitng friends and relatives were also fun."

Me: "One memory I remember was when: My family and I would be on a road trip at night and mostly everyone was asleep except me and my father. Gospel music would play softly in the background and for some reason I would feel close with my family, warm, cozy, and safe from the mayhem of the outside world."

Sister: "I remember when we got our first dog, Princess, and we played with her in the living room. That was really fun!"

Brother: "I remember a memory when my sisters and were little and our parents were playing with us in the family room."


*Now that you read some intriguing answers and descriptions. I challenge you to answer these questions yourself and even maybe interview your family members like I did.*

I learned some key points like....

1. everyone can benefit from having a family
2. everyone has fond memories from their family
3. most everyone has experienced love from a family member
4. God gave us families for a reason
5. everyone wants and needs a family
5. family is VERY important

-Gracelyn Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Gracelyn Lives