Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Do Something!


Last weekend my sister and I attended a girls retreat called Women Of Virtue Empowered Now (W.O.V.E.N). We signed up to help with their play. Anyway, the play was about young girl seeks the approval of her friends and wants so desperately to fit in. But when she and her friends encounter a homeless a woman on the street, she faces a dilemma. Though pricked in her heart by compassion, she struggles to decide whether she should act on that compassion at the risk popularity among her friends. In the end the girl, does the right thing and helps the homeless lady. She did not let her friends talk her out of helping the homeless woman. Grace did not wait for someone else to do something she did it herself. When I was younger I thought that I had to be an adult to do the right thing. But in 1 Timothy 4:12 it states this, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” In other words, kids and teens can set an example even if they are young.
This is why my sister and I created Teens Help Other People Inc. (TeenHop). We believe that teens (and younger kids) can help make a difference in their community. Let me explain what TeenHop really is. TeenHop is an nonprofit organization that allows teens to volunteer in their community. Our organization was created in 2012 because we wanted to volunteer at an elderly shelter with our
friends. After that experience we had a great time and learned a very valuable lesson that helping others makes us happy and the people we serve happy. Soon my sister and I wanted everyone to experience what it felt to help others so we created TeenHop. We also noticed that some kids our age aren’t really focusing on others and making the world a better place. If you want to learn more about our organization check out our website: www.teenhop.com. Anyway, I am trying to say that anyone can make difference and that I need to stop waiting for someone to fix the problem and just do it myself. That is what Teens Help Other People Inc. is all about. 


*I challenge you to stand up for what is right and do something when a person needs help!*

-Gracelyn Lives


#HelpGraceGet2Greece please check out my website: http://gracelyn47.wix.com/greeceitalytrip  or donate to my school website: https://personal.eftours.com/secure/make-donation.aspx?poid=DBE569FD&utm_medium=web&utm_source=paxsecure&utm_campaign=fundraising

 Also, please donate so I can go to Greece and Italy this month. My goal is to get 10 people to donate $10 by June 14th! Will you please donate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!! Gracelyn Lives