Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Confidence 101

Over the years I have struggled with confidence. For some reason I believed that I wasn't good, cool, or smart enough. Before I dig a little deeper, let's read the definition. Confidence is the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust (from Google). In other words, confidence is complete trust in yourself, other people, or things (materials). In my opinion, the only one who retains 100% confidence is God. He is probably the true definition of confidence. I can put my entire trust in him because he is "I AM, THAT I AM" (Exodus 3:14). Now that we know what confidence is let's move on. A couple of months ago I was talking to a friend about the subject of confidence. We were actually trying to break the "code of confidence". Our conversation on the phone kinda went like this:


Me: How does a person gain confidence?
Friend: I don't know let's look it up.
(friend looks up confidence key on Google and sends me this) ----->

Me: Wow does this really work?
Friend: I think so all the reasons sounds true. 
Me: Ok maybe we should try this out and see what happens.
Friend: Yeah let's do it!


After that we changed the topic and moved on. Soon I forgot all about our conversation and never really stayed committed to my decision. But about 2 days ago, I was in the car with my Dad and we were discussing my upcoming writing prompts for this blog. I brought up the "confidence idea" and my Dad liked it but he wanted to know if the list agreed with God's word. And honestly that was a really good point, so I have found Bible scriptures to make sure the list is accurate (since God is the "King of Confidence) LOL! Here are the points below:

1. Stop comparing and stayed focused on you
Verse: "For we would not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who recommend themselves..." 2 Corinthians 10:12 NET
Btw (by the way): This doesn't mean to become selfish and think only about you. It just means to not compare yourself with others and to stay focused on your attributes. 

2.  Relax. Go with the flow and don't stress the little things.
Verse: "But I trust in you, Lord; I say, "You are my God." Psalm 31:14 NIV
Btw: That means to trust in God and don't stress over things you can't control because everything is in His hands. 

3. Love yourself, you are a gift.
Verse:  "We love because he first loved us." 1 John 4: 19 NIV
Btw: This means that you can love yourself because God first loved you. And that you need to appreciate the life God has given you. 

4. Be positive and look for the good in every situation. 
Verse: "Jesus replied, "What is impossible with man is possible with God". Luke 18:27 NIV
Btw: This means to not get discouraged if something looks to difficult, stay positive and again trust in God because everything is possible for him. 
     

Point 5 states to, "Do what you love. Life is too short to waste your time doing anything otherwise". I DO NOT agree with this idea because it is selfish and incorrect. God created us for ONE reason and that was to honor him and share the Gospel. We were not put here on earth do just  what we love and ignore His commandments. So I am revising #5 to this:

5. Do what God has called you to do and don't waste your life focusing on your needs and wants.
Verse: "Obey the Lord your God and follow his commandments and decrees that I give you today." Deuteronomy 27:10 NIV.  
Btw: It's okay to do what you love, BUT it has represent God. 

To wrap things up, I believe that if a person seeks confidence they need to first ask God for it because he is the "King of Confidence" and then try out these helpful steps. I am also working on this list as well! 

*I challenge you to try out on point and comment below or email me about the result!*


-Gracelyn Lives


#HelpGraceGet2Greece please check out my website: http://gracelyn47.wix.com/greeceitalytrip  or donate to my school website: https://personal.eftours.com/secure/make-donation.aspx?poid=DBE569FD&utm_medium=web&utm_source=paxsecure&utm_campaign=fundraising

 Also, please donate so I can go to Greece and Italy next month. My goal is to get 10 people to donate $10 by June 5th! Will you please donate?

4 comments:

  1. This was an excellent post! Please know I really enjoyed reading it on today. Thank you so much for the reminder. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!! Beautiful point on #5!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!! Gracelyn Lives